Thursday, January 16, 2014

THIRD WIN FOR CHILDREN OF ANGELS!

OMGoodness!  My tween and teen fantasy novel Children of Angels just won its third award: the SILVER medal in the Juvenile/Young Adult Fiction category of the 2013 Illumination Book Awards!  I was ecstatic over the first two wins--Honorable Mention in the 2013 Hollywood Book Festival and the GOLD medal in the 2013 Moonbeam Children's Book Awards, YA Fiction/Religion category.  Now, I'm plain overwhelmed. 



"Shining a light on exemplary Christian books," is this year's motto for the Illumination Awards operated by the Jenkins Group.  Hey, Jerry Jenkins and crew, you're helping authors' works to shine like that city on a hill that Jesus described in Matthew 6.  You're helping us to escape being hidden and how we thank you for that!  

As for the thanks I pour out to God, I'll let the Apostle Paul, one of the best writers of all time, word my feelings for me:

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever!  Amen."  Ephesians 6: 20 & 21




To see other works that won go to:


And to those authors who entered this contest and didn't win a medal...?  I've been a pro writer for twenty-two years and I've been in your place many more times than I've been "on the podium."  I have a stack of rejection letters that's one inch thick; I kept them to prove to the IRS that I really am a self-employed writer.  In 2013, Children of Angels in its book or screenplay form lost out in four other contests.  I'd say my losses outnumbered my wins if I chose to view my life that way.  But I don't.  I'm privileged to be a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ.  I rejoice in the work and leave the results to Him, for in Him there are no losers.  So, cling to the Lord, give Him your disappointment ('cause I know it stings), praise Him anyhow for all the good He's done, and refuse to listen to any voices telling you to give up - whether they're audible, you're own thoughts, or lies whispered in your mind by the principalities and powers we're called to fight in Ephesians 6.  Rather, stand firm in the Lord, keep learning, keep improving your craft, and keep going! 

Kathryn Dahlstrom, Author
www.kathryndahlstrom.blogspot.com
www.kathryndahlstrom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment